Disclosure: Some of the links contained in this post are affiliate links. This means that when you click through the links, I will earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Please read our full disclosure on affiliate links and commissions here
Online Side hustles have proven important during the pandemic by providing regular and passive income for millions of online workers across the globe. With millions of people turning to online income streams to survive the impending financial crisis, it is a good idea to dabble in a secondary income stream. Dropshipping is one of the significant and profitable ventures that could help you gain regular and passive income. Starting dropshipping is a great start to building your online business empire. The flexibility that comes with having the supplier manage your inventory and shipping, setting your own prices and profit markups, and designing a store that works for you are key selling points for this business model. If you are willing to put in the work and remain dedicated to building your store and client base then you can make a living out of dropshipping stores.
Most people are often put off by the hustle of creating a dropshipping store. This is because you need to have basic wordpress expertise, supplier management techniques, and customer service expertise. This is one of the main reasons why a significant number of drop shipping businesses fail. People buy into the idea and rush into creating their stores without understanding the technicalities of selecting a profitable niche, engaging consumers, promoting your products, and managing your suppliers. Additionally, you have to understand that there are hundreds of thousands if not millions of dropshipping store owners. So, how can you beat these players and make a profit by eliminating some risks of failure and owning a fully-functional dropshipping store with just a little investment?
What if i told you that there is a tested and proven way of circumventing all these problems by getting a fully-functional store, with a selected profitable niche, operational facebook ad-sets, optimized web front store, and pre designated suppliers? This will save you the hustle and bustle of designing your own store and eliminates the risk of failure.
Before we begin with a detailed guide on how to make money dropshipping in 2021 by owning a fully-functional and profitable dropshipping store, let’s define the basics of dropshipping.
What is Drop shipping?
Dropshipping is a popular retail fulfillment method where you operate an ecommerce store without having the inventory. The business model is quite simple, you own the storefront where consumers can purchase products. Once a sale is made you will purchase the product from your supplier who ships it directly to the consumer. You do not have to worry about procuring, storing, or shipping the inventory. This differential feature makes it easy for anyone to own and operate a successful ecommerce business. To be successful, you have to select the most profitable dropshipping products that will help you make a significant profitable margin and attract consumers with minimum effort.
So, how does this Model Work?
There are three main players in a dropshipping chain: the supplier/manufacturer, the retailer (you), and the consumer.
The manufacturer is responsible for creating, storing, handling, and shipping inventory to your consumers. They are also tasked with replacing defective products and handling any shipping problems. They make this process easier for the retailer because they assume all risk associated with sub par or defective products.
The retailer (you) are responsible for creating a storefront where you sell the manufacturers products and implement sales and marketing techniques to attract the consumer. You are responsible for selecting a niche, displaying the products from the manufacturers on your site, replying to your client’s issues, and setting prices to include your profit.
The consumer buys the products from the retailer, and may return them in case they are defective or do not meet the conditions that were displayed on the site.
Is Drop shipping Dead in 2021?
This is one of the most common myths about dropshipping. Most people claim that dropshipping is dead in the advent of bigger retail giants like Amazon. However, people fail to consider that Amazon gets a significant percentage of their sales from third-party sellers which is a replication of a highly intricate dropshipping model. To answer this question, dropshipping is not dead in 2021. Matter of fact, the pandemic has pushed this business model to the forefront as most consumers are looking for online solutions and products.
How Do You Start a Drop shipping Business?
The first step in starting your dropshipping business is selecting your niche. After selecting your niche, you need to register for a website provider.
There has been an explosion of supplier and web service providers who have simplified the creation and ownership of a dropshipping store. There are two main ways through which you can start dropshipping and they include:
- Creating your site using WordPress
- Creating your site through third-party providers like oberlo-shopify
Most people often go for the second option of creating a website through third party providers because it is easier and simpler. However, these options prove more expensive in the long run as you have to pay a subscription fee and payment processing fees. If you want to eliminate the monthly costs associated with operating a dropshipping store then it is better to create your site using wordpress. The only costs associated with using wordpress includes purchasing a plugin that will enable you to connect your store with supplier inventory and paying for domain name and hosting.
After selecting a website host provider, you will need to:
- Signup with a dropshipping supplier. The most popular drop shipping supplier platform is Aliexpress where your products are sourced from China. Other suppliers include CJ Dropshipping and DHGate. It is important to note that while most of these suppliers are located in China, there are a significant number of suppliers located in other continents like Europe or North America.
- Adding and syncing products in your store. This includes creating product descriptions that are optimized for search engines.
- Setting up your tax and shipping settings. You will have clients from all over the globe, as such you should consider all tax and shipping options that pertain to these locations
- Testing your site. This is to ensure that your website is optimized for clients including optimizing your checkout process and product addition process.
- Launching your website: This is the last step where you launch your site to your clients.
Benefits of Drop shipping
The top four benefits of dropshipping include:
- Low Capital required. Most of the costs associated with opening a dropshipping store are limited to website hosting and payment processing. Additionally, you need to cater for the sales and marketing costs.
- Ease of growing business and marketing: you do not need to implement any complex techniques or approaches to launching your site. There is little effort needed to scale your business. Additionally, as a store owner you will only have to deal with limited operational issues including maintaining communication between the consumer and the supplier and fulfilling all inventories.
- Increased flexibility and diversity: Dropshipping allows you to become your own boss. You set your own rules and schedule and can adjust your shop according to the trends.
- Simple starting process. All you need is an idea on your niche, a website, and you are ready to begin trading. This simple startup process helps accelerate your goods to the market chain which makes it faster and easier to begin turning a profit.
Top Disadvantages of Drop Shipping
Like any other business, there are some drawbacks associated with drop shipping and they include:
- Relatively slim profit margins. To remain competitive you have to maintain competitive prices. Additionally, you have to factor in the marketing costs and other website operational costs.
- High Competition. In the past few years, there has been an explosion of dropshippers based all across the globe. As such you have to contend with emerging and established dropshippers with a range of competitive advantages like bigger and established social media following, indispensable budgets, and technical expertise.
- Lack of supplier control. While most people revel at the lack of inventory management and handling as a pro of drop shipping, it is also a con. This is because you do not have any control over your supplier. As such, you should be ready to deal with shipping delays or in some cases defective products if you did not choose good suppliers.
Owning a drop shipping store is a successful and profitable venture. However, you need to use a more integrative approach to stand out. In the common drop shipping model, ecommerce owners would select a niche and test out these products for weeks or months to determine which ones are the most profitable. This requires an expandable budget and a technical know how of connecting with clients on social media. The most common dropshipping social media platform that is used to reach consumers is facebook. However, this requires an in-depth knowledge of how the platform works, creating ad sets, and targeting consumers.
To summarize, you need to have basic website building knowledge, an indispensable budget to test out your products, and social media expertise. Most people often lack these skill sets yet rush in creating stores. This can turn out to be an expensive venture as you will end up wasting your money and time creating the perfect converting websites and creating engaging ad sets.
What if i told you that you could buy a fully-functional and tested website that comes with a selected profitable niche, pre-made and tested ads, the facebook demographic details needed to know chic audience you should target, and an integrated social media app that will allow you to increase your engagement and following on social media. This can be achieved by purchasing Alidropship Premium Stores.
Most profitable Niches for Drop shipping in 2021
Some of the hot and trendy dropshipping niches to try out in 2021 include:
- Board games: the pandemic has forced people all around the world to conform to lockdown and curfew measures. This means that there has been an increase in demand for board games which has substituted outdoor activities. These games have also become popular amongst parents who want to keep their children occupied when working from home.
- At-home bar As mentioned above, the current pandemic has resulted in an increase in demand for products that make the house more enjoyable. At home bar implements like metal straws and mixing cups as a substitution for outdoor habits like bar drinking.
- Kitchenware:The bright side of staying at home is the increased time people have had at home. Most people have turned to cooking as a way of passing time. As such, kitchenware, particularly gadgets that make it easier for beginner cookers to create intricate meals for their loved ones.
- Home organization This is a particularly significant niche amongst parents who are trying to create more organization in a house where kids are compelled to spend most of their days indoors.
- Home décor this niche has also become popular as a consequence of the pandemic. In the past people often designed their house to replicate modern trends and common interior decor designs. However, over the past few months people most people under lockdown have been struggling to create homes that mimic their office working environment but still retain their cozy feeling. As such, interior decor items that provide duality of usage have been increasingly preferred over other conventional ones.
So, What is Alidropship?
Alidropship is an integrative service-provision website that was created by a team of developers and dropshippers. The team is composed of successful dropshippers who became popular for their alidropship plugin. This plugin allows store owners to create a dropshipping store on wordpress by integrating it with aliexpress. If you have ever hosted an ecommerce store on wordpress, you know that you need third party plugins like woocommerce to convert your site into an ecommerce store. Alidropship offers this solution by enabling the integration with aliexpress and woocommerce. Alidropship woo and Alidropship plugin are the two flagship plugins that can help you create an ecommerce store on wordpress.
Alidropship provides a range of resources including creating an alidropship custom store where you get to select the niche and outline of their store. I will go into more details about their other range of services in an upcoming article. However, in this article we shall consider one of their most popular services which is the alidropship premium stores.
Alidropship Premium Dropshipping Stores
This is a fully functional and tested store that will enable you begin trading in just a few clicks. The premium dropshipping stores circumvent all beginner risks associated with dropshipping including selecting a niche by using tested products. As a buyer, you are provided with a replication of one of these successful stores that comes with all its operational implements.
The premium dropshipping stores comes with:
- Perfect website that comes with cutting-edge software and professional design that’s optimized for maximum profits at an affordable price.
- Hot products that are proven bestsellers in high-demanding niches.
- Winning ads that will help you attract a flood of buyers to your store with a ready-to-use marketing package that will help you to skyrocket your sales.
How it Works
Purchasing a store from alidropship is quite simple. All you have to do is:
- Choosing a store from their extensive list of tested stores.
- Getting an exact copy in your email.
- Uploading your store on your selected custom server
- Implementing the ads and other marketing tips ons social media.
If you do not have any expertise on uploading a site on a host or procuring things like domain name and hosting, then you can select their all-inclusive package. This package comes with their alidropship hosting and namecheap subscription for your selected domain name. If you choose this package, you will get a launched website that only requires you to implement the facebook advertisement ad sets and begin making money.
Why should you buy a Premium Dropshipping store?
The alidrop stores come with a number of advantages including:
- Ability to launch your business in a few days. Once you purchase one of their packages, you will be able to have an operational store in a matter of a few business days. This means that you will not have to wait or waste time testing products.
- Avoiding risks associated with drop shipping. Alidropship assumes all beginner risks of drop shipping including testing and researching the most profitable niche. Additionally, alidropship helps you create ads that have been tested on real audiences on Facebook.
- Affordability. The provided store copies are quite affordable compared to other operational costs associated with creating new drop shipping stores.
How much can you make with a Premium dropshipping store?
The opportunity provided by these stores are immeasurable. For instance some of the most profitable stores offered by alidropship include:
You can purchase the exact copy of this seven-figure dropshipping business that comes with a mobile-, page speed-, and SEO-optimized website, Product pages with quality photos, alidropship import reviews of the products from aliexpress, and free life-long support from your account manager. The verified income for this store is attached in the picture below:
This is a household profitable niche that comes with some of the most profitable products for drop shipping. The verified income for this store is attached in the picture below:
Price of the Premium Drop shipping Stores
The cost of the exact copy of the store is $300
The cost for installation (domain name and hosting) is $200
The cost for the Marketing package (Facebook ad sets and advertisement photos, videos, and descriptions) is $200
The total for a fully operating online store is $700.
Use our code GETSTORE15 to get 15% of all premium stores.
The cost for installation and marketing package are completely optional. However, they are recommended for a beginner dropshipper looking to hit the ground running.
How to Grow Your Drop shipping Business?
After purchasing your store, you can grow your business through a number of techniques that will help you cut down on the advertising budget and increase your dependency on organic search traffic. These approaches include:
Use Multiple Supplier and Selling Channels.
Did you know that you can still source our products from bigger wholesalers like Amazon and Ebay? Using such multiple channels will help you spread the risk of supplier issues. Additionally, you can sell your products on some of these websites to increase your client reach. It is important to note that when you are using such platforms, you should be aware of their rules on dropshipping and always have your suppliers at the get go.
Leverage Email Marketing.
Email marketing is an important asset in dropshipping particularly during the holidays. You are probably wondering how you can contact your consumers through email marketing campaigns. In e commerce, you can provide free coupon codes that can be accessed through email submission to build your email list. You can then use this list to inform your clients on some of the offers or sales that you have on your site.
Purchasing a fully functional drop shipping store will eliminate the risks associated with selecting and testing product niches. Alidropship provides an affordable solution where the only costs associated with starting a drop shipping store are the one time costs associated with initial store purchase, marketing cost, and annual domain name and hosting costs (approximately $50/year). If you are interested in drop shipping as a viable online business, you can check out our detailed guide on Dropshipping Services with Wix.